See Ya !!
- Consider donating your old Cub Scout Uniform
- Cub Scout rocket launch today at 6pm 🚀
- No rockets today, will launch tomorrow at 6pm ☔
- Cub scout rocket launch rain date, Monday 6pm ☔
- Rocket launched postponed until next Suday
- In case of rain date for Cub Scout rocket launch 6/28
- Reminder: Pack Meeting Tomorrow Night, Rockets this Sunday
- Come and get a rocket kit for this Sunday's launch
- Get your order in for the Pack 82 rocket derby todat
- We have room for two more for Battleship Cove tomorrow, reply ASAP!
- ALWAYS wear your uniform
- ALWAYS smile and introduce yourself
- ALWAYS tell your customers why you are selling popcorn
- KNOW the different kinds of popcorn you are selling
- ALWAYS say "Thank You"
- ALWAYS make a copy of your order form
- ALWAYS have a clean order form with a pen
- BE SURE to get customer email addresses to send them a "Thank You" email after the sale, reminding them they can re-order online.
- NEVER enter anyone's home
- NEVER sell after dark unless you are with an adult
- DON'T carry large amounts of cash with you
- ALWAYS walk on the sidewalk and driveway
- ALWAYS sell with another scout or with an adult
- Hi, my name is ___________, and I am with ____________.
- I'm selling popcorn to raise money for the things I like to do in Scouting.
- The popcorn is delicious and there are many different kinds to choose from.
- Will you please help support me? (Always say "Thank You" when you are done)
- Should be purchased when you are confident that you are joining Cub Scouts. Would be nice to have it for our first Pack Meeting, but is not necessary.
- Can be purchased on the Scout Shop at Osgood Landing http://www.yccbsa.org/ScoutShop/scoutshopad.htm. Enter the front entrance of 1600 Osgood Street that faces Rt. 125 (NOT the side entrance to Laser Craze!). The Scout Shop is about 150 feet straight ahead on the left.
- Purchase a Tiger Cub Handbook and blue shirt (Scout Shop manager says short-sleeve is most popular. A long-sleeve T-shirt can be worn underneath in cold weather. The blue shirt should be sized to last at least 3 years - thereafter they have the option to switch to the tan shirt). Also buy a Yankee Clipper Council shoulder patch, the purple World Scout Emblem, red pack numbers "8" and "2", Tiger neckerchief, Tiger neckerchief slide, and blue Cub Scout belt. Do not buy a den number patch since we probably will only have one Tiger Den. Scout pants and socks are not necessary. The Tiger hat is optional, suggest only buying it if your son likes to wear baseball caps. You can either sew the patches on by hand (kits are available with thread colors to match most patch colors), or you can buy iron-on adhesive sheets to attach the patches. My experience is that the adhesive sheets save a lot of sewing work, but the downside is the patches start peeling off after several washings and/or a couple years of wear. The sew vs. iron-on route is your preference.
At the Tiger Cub level, scouting is not a "drop off" program; one parent or guardian is required to stay with their boy at all meetings and activities. Starting next year, boys can be dropped off and picked-up for scout activities, though many parents stay anyway to help out - which is welcomed and appreciated!